• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tonsillitis

yawning man

Greenlighter
Hey bluelighters

Currently going through a bad bout of this shit and i'm ready to tear the fuckers out!!

I got prescribed anti-biotic (penicillin) but didn't stick with them and when i was on them fucking drank and acted like a fuckhead (didn't look after myself). Tried going back on them and found that they gave me really bad indigestion. Bad = the worst i've ever felt, extremely painful.

Went on this shit call cephalexin (sp) which did fuck all so i'm back to square one.

Will this shit go away by itself after long enough? What should i be eating and drinking to help the symptoms and flush out the bacteria? Please help me!!!

For the first time in my life i have a decent social life and it's frustrating being so distracted or not being able to drink because of the pain/meds.

Peace
YM

You need to actually take your antibiotics as prescribed for the full amount of time, rather than half-assing it.

You also need to take it easy and stop putting your body under stress with alcohol and such for a little while until your infection is cleared up.

^^
dokomo is spot-on. some additional thoughts:

stay away from alcohol and smoking until you've fully recovered.
gargling salt water should help relieve some of your discomfort.
i whole-heartedly recommend purchasing some Chloroseptic. this stuff is gold for a sore throat.
lastly, Penicillin and/or Cephalexin are first-line treatments for tonsillitis. the second-line anti-biotics tend to be rougher on one's body and would probably be RX'd to be taken for a longer period of time. quick example: a second-line anti-biotic for such would be Clindamyacin. Clindamyacin's reputation can be summed up in two words: explosive diarrhea. google it if you don't believe me. so, as dokomo said, take it easy until you're all clear. hope all ends up working out well.

^^ gargling with salt water is a good way of reducing bacteria, tastes disgusting but is good.
another one is sucking ice cubes to help reduce inflammation and slightly numb your throat area allowing you to eat. try softer foods and soups that go down easier.

take your meds properly best thing you can do, and try and put off the social life till you feel better, I am sure your friends will understand.
get better soon.